Sunday, December 7, 2008

Baptisms, Blessings & Anti-biotics


Our oldest daughter, Madi turned 8 in October but with so much going on we didn't have the opportunity to get her baptised until this weekend. What a beautiful site my husband and my precious daughter dressed in white entering the baptismal font. To see the excitement on Madi's face and the light in Jason's eyes was enough to bring this mom to tears. We were also very fortunate to have Grandma Angela, Noah & Ellis, Aunt Ivy & Abby, Aunt Kerri & Uncle Jeff, Grandpa Boyd & Grandma Elaine, The Bartons, The Abeytas & Bishop Foley all in attendance. What a blessing to have so many friends and family to witness her day.

I hadn't been feeling so great for a couple of days and by the time we got home from the baptism I was shaking and freezing and my throat was killing me. Jason finally convinced me to go to the dr. (not that I really had an option, I was too weak to fight my 6'4" 300lb husband lol). One phone call to Grandma Ang, she's such a blessing to have in our lives, had the kids taken care of and we were on our way to the E.R. A half hour later I had a 102 degree fever, a sinus infection, strep throat and a prescription for Amoxicillin. Needless to say I was pretty much worthless for the rest of the day and most of today. But I've found a few minutes where I feel well enough to sit up in bed and blog about our joyous experience.

No comments: