Friday, December 12, 2008

A Bag of Candy

That's what Jason wanted to give the four guys on his crew for christmas. "Just a little something to let them know I appreciate all the work they do". I thought that was sweet of my husband, but you know that I couldn't just let it go at that. So yesterday I made a list, and I got to work. After a two hour trip to Wal-Mart and close to 6 hours in the kitchen I had 4 beautiful gift bags full of goodies to give the guys... Homemade Sugar Cookies with royal icing, Softie Gingerbread Men, Hand dipped Almond Joys, Fantasy Fudge, Chocolate shortbread and Peppermint chocolate spoons. With those I added a cute holiday mug and a box of hot chocolate (what else are you gonna put the spoons in?) Jason loved them and off to work they went with him today.






Easy Chocolate Shortbread


1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, and cocoa powder. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Work mixture with your hands until it clings together (dough will be very dry to start). Shape into a smooth ball.
2. On an ungreased cookie sheet, pat or roll into an 8x8-inch square (if rolling, lightly flour the rolling pin to prevent sticking). Score by gently pressing with a knife into 32, 2x1-inch rectangles (do not separate). Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cookie is just firm in the center. Cut square along score lines into rectangles again while still warm. Cool on a wire rack.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brandi, you are so creative. I love it. I love reading your blog. You seem like such a great mom and wife. And thanks for the recipes. I seriously will use them.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

How purrrr-dy! They better have appreciated them! Don't you love an excuse to get to wrap something up?